About Those Hearing Aid Ads
You may have noticed a lot of hearing aid advertisements and even received mailings these days offering “discount” prices, free hearing tests, free hearing aid cleaning and more.
Good hearing healthcare
Effective hearing healthcare is more than just purchasing hearing aids. You’re also choosing your hearing care provider, and we appreciate that you’ve chosen us. Comprehensive hearing healthcare includes the following:
- A complete audiologic evaluation to rule out medical causes, and physician referral if appropriate. Testing should include pure tone and speech recognition testing.
- A comprehensive explanation of the different hearing aid styles, features, and levels of technology, along with the costs involved.
- A discussion of what you can expect from your hearing aids.
- A plan for follow-up care. Follow-up visits are a crucial part of good hearing care and help ensure that you’re hearing as well as possible.
- An explanation of the various assistive listening devices available to help you hear in special situations, such as with telephone, television and theater.
Remember, you’re not just choosing hearing aids. You’re choosing your hearing healthcare provider. We appreciate the confidence you place in us.
Copyright 2010 Hearing Healthcare News